Karate is taught as
weaponless self-defense, and emphasized as a martial art rather
than a competitive sport. Achieve
practical expertise, without intimidation or hostility.
Safety is paramount!
Learning from and helping each other, and using skills
effectively and with good judgment is the true art of karate.
Degree Black Belt
Contracts, No Equipment to Buy
& Self-defense Lessons
& Youth, Ages 4+
& Golden Discounts
through Dec 31, 2018
& stay updated!
Pattonville Heights Middle School, Back Gym (during school year...Gym A, Holman Middle School in summer)
195 Fee Fee Rd at Dorsett
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
EVENTS 2018 - Details
4- Adult, Males/FemalesBegins:
NEW! Classes for new kids:
4 pm, Tuesdays, ages 7-13
4 pm, Thursdays, ages 4-6
& Thu, Jun 5 & 7 * ...commitment ends Jul 12 (but further and/or continuous training is available).
* Note: Enroll any time, but late fee after Fri, Jun 1.To Enroll:
** Discounts/Cost Adjustments:
- Family - Deduct $5
for each kid and/or adult per 6-wk session, if 2 or more of same family
enrolled in karate.
- Golden - Deduct $10
per 6-wk session
per student age 55+.
One discount per student.
- Add late fee for
enrollments received after Friday prior to start of session.
- Excludes - Required uniform ($25-$35, depends on age); Shidokan patch ($5, required for optional rank
testing/certification) - available first class. Fees for optional rank
welcome, BUT during class ALL ages are requested to remain on
quietly and unobtrusively (no cell phone talking, or
communicating with students please)...
respect for students and instructors. Please remove shoes if necessary to enter training area.
6th Dan, Certified Instructor.
NATIONAL TRAINING SEMINAR (NTS)
Lansing, MichiganLed by world-class "teacher of teachers,"
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Seikichi Iha, Grand Master,
Hanshi 10th Dan,
Beikoku Shidokan Karatedo Association - Director,
Okinawa Shorinryu Karatedo Association - U.S. Branch Chief.
ranks of active and inactive adult karate students, as well as youth students (age 7 &
older, yellow belt & above benefit most), are invited to accompany Basinger Sensei to the NTS. This includes Karate STL's branch dojos -- The Arch
Shidokan and Gateway Shidokan.
always, there will be training opportunities for all ranks --
adults and youth, all ranks, ages 7 and above. Many master
teachers will be in attendance, as well as
other high ranking senseis and karate-ka with whom to train, who never
fail to be tremendously inspiring. The NTS is always an
opportunity to learn, unite and bond with fellow karate-ka from
across the country and around the world, as well as to socialize with
friends old and new.
from and within Lansing is to be planned on your own. Some
students drive. Others fly to Detroit, then drive or bus into
Lansing, or fly directly into Lansing. Families have planned vacations that include the NTS, thereby enjoying other destinations en route.Seminar Location:
Radisson HotelNTS Registration:
Walk over enclosed skybridge to seminar.111 N. Grand AvenueLansing, MI 48933Map/directions to Radisson 1½ miles from Iha Dojo
Discounted rooms are limited and get booked VERY early!!
- To book online: A flat discounted rate can be received by using our conference discount code OOK718, pending
- To book by phone: A flat discounted rate can be received by mentioning the karate National Training Seminar, pending available space. Call 517.482.0188 (recommended phone), or 1.800.333.3333 (US/Canada Toll-free).
- Additional tickets for the Saturday banquet MUST be ordered on-line no later than July 16. No add-on or last minute banquet tickets will be available past this point.
- Seminar t-shirts ($25) are available and may be
ordered in advance when registering. Note: Pre-ordered t-shirts need to be placed by July 5.
Pre-ordering is recommended to be sure to obtain your chosen
size. Limited sizes available at seminar.
Registration, Event Details & Costs. Various
About bo training, youth sessions, schedule (when available), July 19 dan test, airport, free shuttle to/from airport/Radisson, parking, Michigan State University, downtown Lansing, things to do,
places to eat, etc...click here. NTS Schedule: Posted here as it becomes available. SAMPLE schedule & info, for planning purposes ONLY, subject to change:Contact Basinger Sensei with
- Friday - full-weekend seminar check-in.
- Friday-Sunday - breakfast & lunch - on your own.
- Friday - NTS Welcome & Friendship Circle! ...& 1st training session.
- Friday-Sunday - adult training sessions for ages 14 & above.
- Friday and/or Saturday - age 7-13 youth sessions.
- Friday - dinner & socializing - on your own.
- Saturday morning - seminar check-in.
- Saturday morning - NTS Welcome! ...& training sessions.
- Saturday afternoon - youth seminar with Iha Sensei.
- Saturday afternoon - NTS group photo.
- Saturday afternoon - photo with Iha Sensei & Barker Sensei.
- Saturday afternoon - youth & teen kata tournament.
- Saturday evening - Celebration Dinner Banquet - all ages, participants & non-participants.
- Saturday night - NTS Social at River Street Pub - in Radisson Hotel.
- Sunday morning - final training session with Iha Sensei; NTS closing.
LOUIS KARATE TRAINING SEMINAR WITH
GRAND MASTER IHA
(dates confirmed summer 2018).
- Nov 9 & 10, Fri
World-renowned Grandmaster Seikichi Iha, who holds the highest title of Hanshi (master) and highest rank of
10th Dan (black belt degree).
Teacher to Basinger Sensei, Iha
Sensei is president of the
Beikoku Shidokan Karatedo Association and
States Branch Chief of the Okinawa Shorinryu Karatedo
Association. His Lansing,
Michigan, dojo is headquarters for over 30 schools in
Canadaand many other countries around the globe.
now to attend and reserve your place
(see below)! Don't miss this rare opportunity to learn from
dynamic "teacher of teachers," a true master of our defense-oriented
Active & inactive
students of Karate STL and its branch dojos.
ALL adult students, all ranks.
Solid yellow belt &
above, minimum age 7.
ALL other students are encouraged to come and
observe these classes, as well as families and friends.
Spectators may bring their own seating - limited, if any, available in gym.
ALL STUDENTS (all ages & ranks), PLEASE NOTE: To
included in the 1:00 pm Saturday group photo with Iha Sensei, be sure
to wear your gi!! ...and parents/spectators, bring your cameras.
Parkwood School gym (tentative location).
Old St. Charles Rd)
Hts, MO 63043
age 7+, solid yellow belt & above.
Adults all ranks, & kids blue belt &
age 7+, yellow belt & above.
Photos (students in gi – ALL ages & ranks, participating or not).
1:10 - 2:30
class students only, all ranks.
Donations greatly appreciated from participants and
spectators, to help with the considerable expense involved.